Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome to Washington
















.... State that is. We learned very quickly that we must tell friends that we live in Washington State and not Washington DC. People hear Washington and automatically think D.C. We live in Puyallup (South Hill) , less than an hour south of Seattle and half an hour to the east of Tacoma. Our area is a new up and coming one (brand new Target just down the road!!! :-) ) and has about 1 coffee shop for every 5 people. The scenery is beautiful; Mount Rainier is visible from almost everywhere and is the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen (aside from my beautiful husband and child). The skies are jaw dropping as well as the hills. People must be crazy to think the weather here is as bad as they say.

Cody is back to work, which consists of him preparing for his deployment. His hours are simple and he is able to be home a lot. Today he brought home his deployment issue gear. It is amazing how much money they have invested into it. Although a lot of the things he has to do before leaving are mundane, the cultural classes he has to take seem cool. While we have paid a lot of money for me to learn about different cultures, Cody is paid to learn about cultures that he is actually going to be able to interact with. Very cool.

We sold Cody's truck before coming to Washington so Greyer and I are holding down the fort while Cody is working during the day. We will purchase a new vehicle when Cody gets back. Luckily Greyer and I both love our home. We live in a 3 br, 2.5 bath townhouse in a wonderful area. I feel very safe and comfortable here. Cody does have a decent commute every day but it is worth it. We have classy neighbors and a wonderful neighborhood. God has really blessed us and we are so thankful for everything we have.

Greyer is doing very well. although I am sure he changes daily, he seems like the same Greyer to us. Loves books, cars, running, bossing, and destroying. He is beautiful and precious and a wonderful little person. God has also blessed us greatly with him. He keeps me on my toes and sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out, but I know that is an indication of his mental and physical abilities. It is also an affirmation of our decision to have only one child. :-) Although it may seem as if military families are part of the quiver movement, I can confidently say that this military family's quiver is quite full.

I am currently searching for a job-- three years of being at home and I feel that it is time to transition. I am praying over that job that I know God has for me-- I am very excited an anxious. I am trying to be patient because I know that it needs to be in God's timing, so in the meantime I have, yet again, registered for another semester of courses. The military is footing the bill this time, so why not?! Again, God is good.

For anyone reading who is military or a military spouse, may this verse encourage and comfort you.

Psalm 91

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
a]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[a]

2 I will say b]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment