Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ice Cream, Married into the Military, Taxation


Greyer and I have stayed busy this week :-) Yesterday we had a very fun time touring Bruster's, a very delicious ice cream place. It reminds me exactly of Handles in Ohio. Our playgroup met there and the owner of the 3 Columbus locations showed us how to make vanilla ice cream (they use real vanilla to flavor it!) and also let the kids peek into the 35 plus flavors that they keep on hand. All the boys took a liking to the Blue Ice in the bins, so he let them have a choice between that and vanilla cones. Greyer's teeth and mouth were astonishingly BLUE after he ate his cone. I ended up licking half of the cone... poor kid can't keep up with the warm weather. It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend a morning. It also reminded me of my first job as an ice cream girl at Ro's Custard in North Canton.
As I mentioned before, I am taking a tax class right now. Somehow they allowed me to graduate with the Forensic Accounting degree without have tax. I am interested in pursuing a job in tax in the spring (tax season) so it is necessary that I take the course. I am taking my time to learn everything and thoroughly be able to complete the necessary work so that I can confidently sit in an interview and get the job :-) I am praying over whatever job that God has set for me when the time comes. Greyer turns 3 in February, so he will be able to jump in school then (so long as he is potty trained! come on Greyer, my career is counting on it!!!!)
Tonight we are joining a new group that formed at our church. Married into the Military is going to be a Bible study and fellowship (gosh that sounds like we are good ole Baptists, eh? i'm not... so don't judge!) for military couples. I'm excited to meet some new Christian men and women there. They have arranged childcare so Greyer will be able to go with me :-)
No news from Cody yet. No news is good news though! :-P No, I'd love to hear from him-- and especially hear that he has gotten a 'GO'!!!!
Thanks for all your prayers. Please also remember to pray for Cody's unit, the 5/2 stryker brigade. They are in an EXTREMELY dangerous part of Afghanistan and have seen many casualties since they arrived in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment