Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mid-week joy

It is Wednesday and I am doing well. I say this with 100% thanks to God, who has provided me suddenly with the people and church that I have been needing for a long time. And why are these things all coming together just now? I wasn't going to Him with my needs. I didn't ask for help, even though I knew better. The minute I went to Him and asked, he surrounded me with opportunities and I took them. It is amazing how He so readily awaits for us to come to him so that he can supply our every need :-)

Last night my friend came over and we discussed God and our current situations over sushi :-) How wonderful it is to have the support of Christian women-- I am learning that this fellowship is an absolute necessity that I must seek wherever I go. He will not bring us places without providing the people, churches, etc that we need. :-) How awesome is this? A truth that I absolutely must never forget. It will save me a lot of backtracking and sorrowful days.

Cody comes home in two days. I am nervous to see him... I need to be strong and be that encouraging rock... That is the focus of my prayers for the next few days. My military friends surely understand why I say this. It is easy to see the men and fall apart, finally letting go after weeks and months of composing ourselves. I can't do this... not now. I look to Him for comfort and strength. He has given me his Holy Spirit to fulfill those needs that are not met while my husband is gone. Doing this, I know my husband can come home for that short time to a strong and encouraging wife. He will need that... this has been a very long process for us... longer than most others have had to do.

Greyer has been fantastic. He is healthy, God has surely protected him. Georgia has been hit strong by these new crazy flu strains. They will not enter my home or my family :=)

Okay, I need to finish eating lunch without typing...I am spilling soup all over my laptop! :-O

2 comments:

  1. Ditto to everything you wrote. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed by your friendship! You continue to inspire and encourage me. I don't know how I would have made it through Ranger School without you but I guess you just explained it in this post... God is good and He will meet all our needs! I hope you are encouraged to know God has used you to meet my needs during this crazy time!

    ReplyDelete