Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mountain Phase








A lot has happened since Wednesday. As I explained before, Cody came home on Friday for his 8 hour pass at the end of Darby phase. It is basically a short pass where the men can go wash their clothes and buy more supplies for the next phase, mountain phase.


I picked Cody and his 'buddy' (this is what they say in the Army instead of friend... 'my army buddies', etc) at 9 am on Friday morning at Camp Rogers. We spent the morning shopping for boots and other supplies that the guys had run out of. They ruin boots like it's their job. A $200 pair of boots will be down the drain by 3 weeks from now. They also come home with their ACUs and socks smelling like a basement that had been flooded and never aired out for one year. All of his clothes had to be washed twice.
Cody looked good. He only lost 5 lbs, all fat. For those of you who know Cody, this means that he is just a pile of bones and muscle. He'll gain any weight lost back within two weeks of leaving ranger school. These men sit and fantasize about food all the time. Think about it... they eat two times per day, totalling about 4,000 calories. Obviously this seems like a lot, but it isn't considering the fact that they are doing physical activity for 21-23 hours per day. Yes. I do not lie.
It was sad to say goodbye, but this time it was fairly easy. It's weird how you teach yourself to understand the temporary situation and learn to live a happy life without your best friend. It's something that military wives become very good at, as long as they make the decision to do so. Last year I learned how important this is.
Katie Provencher and I took Greyer to Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain, Georgia. So fun. We saw a LOT of animals and hand fed giraffes and other cool types :-) Greyer had a BLAST. Such a great way to spend a Saturday morning!
Although I finished my degree, I am continuing to stay in school part time. I am taking an additional tax course and an accounting ethics course, both required for the CPA. It's been giving me something to do.
Gotta go play with greyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment