Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Darby- last week

This is the last week of Darby phase (1 of 3 total). I am so excited to be almost finished but that excitement is paired with anxiousness about the next 6 weeks. Do not be anxious about anything but through prayer and petition present your requests to Him. Thank God for that encouragement. I know that he is protecting Cody and blessing us by allowing Cody to remain in Ranger school through this time... each day here is a million times better than a day in Afghanistan. It still doesn't make it easy to be apart. I know that He is taking care of us and has everything worked out for our good, so I am so encouraged by that revelation. :-) Praise God :-)

My sister came for the long Labor Day weekend. I booked a room at the SheratonGateway in Atlanta on Friday night, where we slept after her flight came in at midnight. It was a very nice hotel-- I definitely recommend it if you are looking to stay in Atlanta. We spent the weekend drinking coffee, reading, and going to parks. It was so refreshing to have here here. I was sad when i thought that we would leave Georgia without her having seen our life here. It was also a lot of quality time that she got to spend with Greyer. Actually, he loves her so much and preferred her over me the whole time. I didn't complain ;-) I was sad to see her off last night.

We went to a new church on Sunday. I have been extremely disappointed with the options here... a whole lot of religion and stuffy suits ... but this church was very different. I felt peace in my heart while I was there-- a sure sign that God wants us there. He always provides, doesn't he? :-) I am so thankful.

I have made a good friend in the past month. She is a christian, professional, and very loving person. God has definitely put us together and for that I am thankful. I am learning how vital it is to take these special people that God gives us and cherish the relationships that we have. She is actually the one who brought us to this new church. From speaking with her I knew that the church was 'the' one. How awesome is his spirit that guides us and comforts us. :-)

I start a single 15 week course this week-- it is a course that I feel that I need ... so despite the fact that I have my degree I will continue to stay in school. This semester I will only take 6 hours, which will be a breeze compared to the past years.

Again, I must say that I will see my husband for eight hours on Friday-- a sliver of time in the 80 days we must be apart, but one that we will cherish and make the most of :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment